Choosing the Right Horsepower
- The size and flow rate of your fountain's spray is influenced by the horsepower you choose. A higher horsepower will move more water, resulting in a larger and/or thicker spray.
- When it comes to selecting horsepower, it largely depends on your budget and pond size. It is recommended to keep a minimum distance of 10 feet between the fountain spray and the edge of your pond.
Choosing the Right Voltage
- If you are unsure about which voltage to choose, feel free to contact us for assistance.
- If you plan to run 115V power to the edge of your pond, please note the maximum distances from the pump to the breaker, including the power cord you order.
- If you plan to run 230V to the edge of your pond, you generally will not have to worry about the distance.
|Motor Size||Max distance from pump to breaker on 115V|
|1/3 HP 115V||280'|
|1/2 HP 115V||250'|
|3/4 HP 115V||200'|
|1 HP 115V||150'|
Choosing the Right LED Lights (Optional)
- LED lights can be purchased now or added later. They simply screw on to the fountain.
- Lights run on 110V and come with their own power cord.
- Single-color warm white LED lights or color-changing LED lights are available.
- Both options come with a programable timer.
- Color-changing lights come with a remote control that works up to 1,000 feet away.
- For 1 HP and below 2-light sets are recommended.
- For 1.5 HP and 2 HP 3-light sets are recommended.
- For 3 HP 4-light sets are recommended.
Choosing the Right Timers (Optional)
- Timers can be purchased now or added later.
- Timers are only made to control fountains, not lights.
- Residential and Commercial Timers perform the same function.
- Residential timer box is plastic and the commercial box is metal.
Unique Additional Nozzles (Optional)
- Important Note: Scott Aerator Fountain pumps can accommodate all Scott Aerator Nozzles. If you would like a different spray pattern, you can easily purchase a new nozzle.
- There are 9 unique nozzle options that you can choose from. Each has its own special spray pattern!
- TIP: Not all nozzles will fit every motor size. Please double-check to make sure your nozzle will fit the appropriate motor horsepower.
Nozzle Spray Sizes (H x W)
|Nozzle||1/2 HP||1 HP||1.5 HP||2 HP||3 HP|
|Amherst||N/A||35' x 40'||35' x 40'||N/A||30' x 25'|
|Atriarch||N/A||30' x 25'||40' x 30'||50' x 40'||60' x 50'|
|Baystone||N/A||14' x 30'||20' x 40'||N/A||N/A|
|Cambridge||N/A||30' x 40'||35' x 45'||N/A||40' x 55'|
|Clover||20' x 35'||30' x 42'||40' x 50'||N/A||50' x 70'|
|Millbrook||N/A||15' x 30'||17' x 35'||N/A||N/A|
|Rosewood||N/A||30' x 40'||35' x 45'||N/A||N/A|
|Skyward||20' x 35'||30' x 42'||40' x 50'||N/A||50' x 70'|
|Tudor||N/A||10' x 35'||15' x 45'||N/A||N/A|