Using the stainless steel mounting plate that is provided with the De-icer or, for a fee, an additional post-mounting bracket, the De-icer may be securely mounted to your dock. The unit is linked to a stainless steel yoke assembly that extends up to 7 feet below the surface. When you add it to your basket, you may choose an alternate mounting option from the menu above (best value), or you can add a second, extra mounting option by buying a second mount on their own product pages: dock post bracket or truss mount bracket.
Without having to buy a second de-icer, our fully programmable oscillator attachment keeps greater areas free of ice buildup. The de-icer in its mounting is rotated by the oscillator. Every 20 minutes, it will rotate in increments of 20 degrees. You can adjust it for any desired radius. After that, just plug it in and walk away! At the time of purchase or after installation, the oscillator attachment can be added.
- We designed our de-icer to work with all water temps.
- At 3450 rpm, the De-Icer operates.
- Competitive de-icers operate at less than 2000 rpm, even those with 1-hp engines.
- In contrast to the competitors' 180 gallons per minute, the Scott De-Icer moves 400 gallons per minute.
- Even the motor is composed of stainless steel that is produced in America for the De-Icer.
- Galvanized metal is used by the opposition.